Mr B needed guidance about his accident and needed compensation advice solicitors so contacted Oakwood in Leeds about his claim.

 In Stress At Work - Case Study

Mr B was a client at a take away when he had accident involving the sign of the take away. The wind had blown down one of the take away signs and had the unfortunate occurrence of landing on Mr B damaging both his head and his neck. The sign became detached causing a tremendous hazard. Mr B’s head and neck were struck by the sign which should have been strongly fixed down to avoid being blown about.

Don?t be apprehensive about making a claim following an accident in a public place. Owners of premises and properties that are regularly visited by the public are required under the Occupiers Liability Act 1957 to take reasonable care to ensure their premises are safe. If this duty is being breached either by the negligence of the business or its members of staff then an accident could occur. If this has happened to you you should seek compensation if you have sustained any injuries as a result. The claim will be dealt with by the insurance company that has provided them with public liability cover; more often than not these claims are settled out of court and the compensation is paid quickly directly from the insurers.

If you have had an accident and need compensation advice solicitors to guide you contact the Oakwood team in Leeds now about your claim.

Any signs that are fixed on either a wall side ceiling or any area of a building that has direct contact with the public need to be securely fitted to be able to withstand any kind of strong weather or other outside influences to prevent the signs falling down. Any signs that are not fastened strongly pose a real threat to the general public as they may inflict an injury on their descent.

Everybody’s circumstances are different. There is no set amount of compensation for each type of accident in a public place. The amount of compensation you receive following your accident will depend on multiple factors the most common of which are:

? The nature and severity of the injuries you have suffered; you are more likely to get a higher rate of compensation for injuries such as broken bones and scarring than you are for bruising and soft tissue damage.

? The amount you earn; the more you earn the more you have lost out on. Therefore if you are in a higher paid job you will be entitled to higher rate of compensation to reimburse you for your loss of earnings.

? The amount of time you have spent rehabilitating; the longer you have had to have of work the more earnings you will have lost out on therefore compensation for loss of earnings will be higher. If you have had to spend a long time recovering from an accident and you have been suffering during that time you may get a higher rate of compensation for the prolonged period of suffering.

If you have had an accident and are also looking for compensation advice solicitors for guidance call Oakwood team at the Leeds office about your claim on:

0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt