We are always looking for talented people to join our growing team. Whether you’re legally qualified or interested in joining as part of our support team, our success depends on recruiting exceptional talent so that we can keep providing the highest quality legal services to our clients.
Job Title: Fee Earner: RTA Department
Reporting to: Head of the RTA Department
20,000 to £28,000 depending on experience
Founded in March 2001 Oakwood Solicitors has quickly grown from a small local practice to a medium sized national firm offering a wide variety of specialist legal services to individuals and businesses. Today it employs over 80 people (fee earners and support teams) in the North of Leeds. The Firm prides its selves on the very highest standards of customer service and a very personal nature of work.
Key Tasks (not an exhaustive list)
- Handling a case load of up to 180 RTA personal injury claims
- Handling a case load of up to 80 CICA personal injury claims
- Resolving liability
- Requesting medical records
- Arranging medical exams and reviewing incoming reports
- Valuing claims
- Liaising with third party insurers/Solicitors and the CICA to progress claims
- Updating clients
- Undertaking fee earning work and providing a profitable contribution to the RTA/CICA Department.
- A competent understanding of personal injury litigation.
- At least two years of experience with Claimant RTA
- PI experience is fundamental
- Need to have run portal claims from start to finish.
- Some stage 3 experience would be beneficial.
- Some “old school” Litigation experience beneficial
- Experience of using case management systems and time recording (ideally Proclaim).
- Living in Leeds or the surrounding area, with means of transport
- Someone who will fit in with the team
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent client care
- Excellent communication and literacy skills.
- Motivated to learn and progress within the RTA Department
- Flexible attitude to work.
- Excellent organisational skills.
All CVs and Covering Letters should be submitted by email.
We believe in developing the skills of our employees and providing exciting opportunities for you to excel in both your professional and personal growth. We are also committed to making Oakwood Solicitors a fun, supportive environment to work in.
Even if we do not have vacancies advertised, you can send a speculative CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter explaining why you’d like to work for Oakwood Solicitors and the kind of role you’re looking for. Your CV will be retained in our talent bank and we’ll be in touch when a suitable role becomes available.
CONTACT US TODAY
Simply complete this short form and one of our experts will be in touch soon.
Your confidentiality is always assured and we aim to provide excellence in our client care.