A little girl from Kent was only 6 years old when a claim for whiplash after an accident in the UK was made; Oakwood Solicitors have a wealth of experience in dealing with whiplash claims and accepted the little girls? case on a no win no fee basis.

 In Case Studies

Poor little Miss J was only 6 when she suffered whiplash and shock after being thrown from a train carriage. It was a terrible experience for her and her family.

There are laws to protect both adults and children who sustain injuries in a public place following an accident that isn?t their fault. Every occupier of land or buildings has a duty of care to the general public who visit them. It can be a home shop office train bus park or factory.

Public liability is when someone hurts themselves because a third party has neglected this duty. If you can show that the third party which is the person or organization responsible for maintaining the property or outside space has been negligent you can make a public liability claim.

You may even be able to claim if you had an accident in a private home if the householder or landlord was responsible for your accident e.g. badly-lit steps or falling roof tile.

The public liability claim for whiplash after the accident in the UK was pursued by highly qualified solicitors at Oakwood who secured compensation on Miss J’s behalf.

At the conclusion of the claim the client received 100% of the compensation as Oakwood recover their costs from the third party so Miss J’s family didn?t incur any costs for the claim.

Everybody’s circumstances are different. There is no set amount of compensation for each type of accident in a public place. The amount of compensation you receive following your accident will depend on multiple factors the most common of which are:
? The nature and severity of the injuries you have suffered; you are more likely to get a higher rate of compensation for injuries such as broken bones and scarring than you are for bruising and soft tissue damage.
? The amount you earn; the more you earn the more you have lost out on. Therefore if you are in a higher paid job you will be entitled to higher rate of compensation to reimburse you for your loss of earnings.
? The amount of time you have spent rehabilitating; the longer you have had to have of work the more earnings you will have lost out on therefore compensation for loss of earnings will be higher. If you have had to spend a long time recovering from an accident and you have been suffering during that time you may get a higher rate of compensation for the prolonged period of suffering.

If you have would like to pursue a claim for whiplash after an accident either at work or in a public place in the UK and think you may be entitled to compensation call Oakwood on: 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt