Although rare botulism can be fatal and if contaminated food is eaten by accident food poisoning can be contracted like in the case of Miss M; Oakwood provide sympathetic and professional advice for any case involving an illness or fatality and can help you with a compensation claim in the UK.

 In Case Studies

23 year old Miss M from Lincoln contracted food poisoning from a takeaway meal.

Anyone who has fallen ill through eating contaminated food which has been provided by any public food provider can seek compensation. There are strict laws in place to protect anyone who has fallen ill or been injured through no fault of their own.
Don?t be apprehensive about making a claim following an accident in a public place. Owners of premises and properties that are regularly visited by the public are required under the Occupiers Liability Act 1957 to take reasonable care to ensure their premises are safe. If this duty is being breached either by the negligence of the business or its members of staff then an accident could occur. If this has happened to you you should seek compensation if you have sustained any injuries as a result. The claim will be dealt with by the insurance company that has provided them with public liability cover; more often than not these claims are settled out of court and the compensation is paid quickly directly from the insurers
Oakwood have a highly qualified team of lawyers with the experience to deal sympathetically with all of their clients and who demonstrate particular sensitivity and confidentiality in the event of any illness or fatal accident which involves a compensation claim in the UK.
Miss M was lucky that she recovered from her food poisoning. It is only in very serious cases if a child or elderly person or someone with a weak immune system is affected that the consequences can be fatal.

Miss M received 100% of the compensation as Oakwood work on a no win no fee basis and recover their costs from the third party.

Everybody’s circumstances are different. There is no set amount of compensation for each type of accident in a public place. The amount of compensation you receive following your accident will depend on multiple factors the most common of which are:

? The nature and severity of the injuries you have suffered; you are more likely to get a higher rate of compensation for injuries such as broken bones and scarring than you are for bruising and soft tissue damage.
? The amount you earn; the more you earn the more you have lost out on. Therefore if you are in a higher paid job you will be entitled to higher rate of compensation to reimburse you for your loss of earnings.
? The amount of time you have spent rehabilitating; the longer you have had to have of work the more earnings you will have lost out on therefore compensation for loss of earnings will be higher. If you have had to spend a long time recovering from an accident and you have been suffering during that time you may get a higher rate of compensation for the prolonged period of suffering

If you have been injured or fallen ill or are dealing with a bereavement due to a fatal accident call Oakwood Solicitors to discuss a compensation claim in the UK on 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt