If you have suffered a head injury at work or in a public place you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation in Manchester. Oakwood Solicitors can offer you years of experience and excellent customer service if you decide to pursue compensation.

 In Case Studies

Mr C was in a public place when he sustained a serious head injury at the age of 58. Mr C was in a shop where the shelving was located in a hazardous place on the wall. The shelving was overhead on the stairs and its presence had not been clearly indicated with a notice. As a result of this Mr C hit his head and suffered a laceration bruising and swelling.

There are advantages to making a claim for compensation. If you make a claim following an accident in a public place the place in question may then change its practices in order to prevent a similar accident occurring. You don?t just have to claim compensation for the actual injury you have sustained; if you make a claim for compensation following an injury the public liability insurance of the place in question will pay for any physiotherapy or specialist treatment you require if they are found to be liable for the accident. You can also recover any loss of earnings and out of pocket expenses you may have incurred following an accident in a public place; you don?t just get compensation for loss of earnings if your accident has been at work. For more advice about claiming compensation speak to Oakwood Solicitors about your case.

Thankfully Oakwood Solicitors were able to help Mr C make a claim; we can also help you if you have sustained a head injury at work or in a public place and you want to make a compensation claim in Manchester.

All occupiers of places that are used by the public should carry out a risk assessment just as all employers have to do for the workplace. The purpose of a risk assessment is to identify and eliminate and risks that are present both to employees and members of the public. If a company does not have a designated health and safety person who is qualified to carry out this task then there are independent companies out there who will do the assessment for a fee; it is then up to the owner/occupier to enforce the health and safety regulations.

Don?t be apprehensive about making a claim following an accident in a public place. Owners of premises and properties that are regularly visited by the public are required under the Occupiers Liability Act 1957 to take reasonable care to ensure their premises are safe. If this duty is being breached either by the negligence of the business or its members of staff then an accident could occur. If this has happened to you you should seek compensation if you have sustained any injuries as a result. The claim will be dealt with by the insurance company that has provided them with public liability cover; more often than not these claims are settled out of court and the compensation is paid quickly directly from the insurers. If you want to make a claim for head injury at work compensation in Manchester call Oakwood Solicitors on: 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt