Oakwood Solicitors are experts at claiming for holiday accidents; if you need to make a compensation claim in London following a holiday accident Oakwood Solicitors can help you.

 In Case Studies

Mrs H was in Filey when her accident occurred; she was 58 years old at the time. Mrs H was using the disabled toilet in a public place and the toilet came away from the wall while she was on it. Not only did Mrs H sustain multiple injuries as a result of the accident the experience was also a traumatic one.

Oakwood’s expert legal team helped Mrs H claim £5100.00 in public liability compensation as the accident was not her fault. Everybody’s circumstances are different. There is no set amount of compensation for each type of accident in a public place. The amount of compensation you receive following your accident will depend on multiple factors the most common of which are:
? The nature and severity of the injuries you have suffered; you are more likely to get a higher rate of compensation for injuries such as broken bones and scarring than you are for bruising and soft tissue damage.
? The amount you earn; the more you earn the more you have lost out on. Therefore if you are in a higher paid job you will be entitled to higher rate of compensation to reimburse you for your loss of earnings.
? The amount of time you have spent rehabilitating; the longer you have had to have of work the more earnings you will have lost out on therefore compensation for loss of earnings will be higher. If you have had to spend a long time recovering from an accident and you have been suffering during that time you may get a higher rate of compensation for the prolonged period of suffering.

If you need holiday accidents advice or you want to make a compensation claim in London you should seek legal advice from a solicitor you can trust. Oakwood Solicitors has built up an excellent reputation in the ten years we have been working on behalf of clients. If you have been injured whilst away on holiday you may have a case for a public liability claim. To find out more speak to the experts at Oakwood.

Don?t be apprehensive about making a claim following an accident in a public place. Owners of premises and properties that are regularly visited by the public are required under the Occupiers Liability Act 1957 to take reasonable care to ensure their premises are safe. If this duty is being breached either by the negligence of the business or its members of staff then an accident could occur. If this has happened to you you should seek compensation if you have sustained any injuries as a result.

The claim will be dealt with by the insurance company that has provided them with public liability cover; more often than not these claims are settled out of court and the compensation is paid quickly directly from the insurers.

For guidance on holiday accidents and your right to make a compensation claim call Oakwood in London on 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt