If you have suffered a leg fracture at work or in a public place Oakwood Solicitors in London can help you claim the compensation you deserve. After suffering severe injuries at the age of 79 Mrs H was awarded compensation thanks to our team of legal professionals.

 In Case Studies

Mrs H is 79 years of age; she was visiting a family member when her accident occurred. Mrs H was walking down the driveway belonging to the family member when she fell down an exposed manhole that was not cordoned off. Mrs H had not previously been informed of this hazard.

As a result of falling down the exposed manhole Mrs H suffered fractured legs severe lacerations to her legs her arms and her face. Mrs H was required to spend an extensive period of time in hospital having surgery to repair her injuries.

Don?t be apprehensive about making a claim following an accident in a public place. Owners of premises and properties that are regularly visited by the public are required under the Occupiers Liability Act 1957 to take reasonable care to ensure their premises are safe. If this duty is being breached either by the negligence of the business or its members of staff then an accident could occur. If this has happened to you you should seek compensation if you have sustained any injuries as a result.

Have you had an accident resulting in a leg fracture at work or in a public place; Oakwood Solicitors can offer you advice about whether or not you have a valid claim.

All employers have a duty to ensure their staff are safe and the general public should be kept safe with maintained highways and bridleways. Occasionally places of work and public places are not safe for use and this is when accidents happen.

Everybody’s circumstances are different. There is no set amount of compensation for each type of accident in a public place. The amount of compensation you receive following your accident will depend on multiple factors the most common of which are:
? The nature and severity of the injuries you have suffered; you are more likely to get a higher rate of compensation for injuries such as broken bones and scarring than you are for bruising and soft tissue damage.
? The amount you earn; the more you earn the more you have lost out on. Therefore if you are in a higher paid job you will be entitled to higher rate of compensation to reimburse you for your loss of earnings.
? The amount of time you have spent rehabilitating; the longer you have had to have of work the more earnings you will have lost out on therefore compensation for loss of earnings will be higher. If you have had to spend a long time recovering from an accident and you have been suffering during that time you may get a higher rate of compensation for the prolonged period of suffering.

If you have suffered a leg fracture at work or in a public place Oakwood Solicitors in London are here to help you make a claim. Call 0844 499 9302.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt