Military Accident Injury Claims

Serving in the armed forces is a dangerous job, and it’s generally accepted that accidents and injuries could occur in the line of duty. However, you have a right to expect your safety will be protected when not in a direct combat and you’ll have received adequate training on equipment use to carry out your duties properly when in combat.

If you’ve been injured, or if a loved one has died, because of a military accident where safety measures have not been followed, then we can help. Our solicitors could help you claim military injury compensation.

If you would like to make a gym accident claim, call us now on 0113 200 9787 or email Rest assured, your case will be in good hands.

 Make A Military Accident Compensation Claim Today


  • No Win, No Fee Available
  • Dedicated and highly skilled Personal Injury Lawyers
  • All claims undertaken
  • Free initial advice from a qualified solicitor
  • High success rate for clients
  • National Coverage

We have a very friendly team of highly qualified legal advisors who will help you every step of the way.

Our typical awards for military accidents range from £1,000 up to £1,000,000.

Our promise to you is to get you the compensation you deserve as quickly as possible.

Since we operate on a No-Win-No-Fee basis, you have nothing to lose and potentially everything to gain.

Some of the claims we have recently had success with are:

  • Aviation Accidents
  • Cold Weather Injury Claims
  • Defective Equipment
  • Medical Negligence Claims
  • Military Training Accidents
  • Noise Induced Hearing Loss
  • Personal Injury Claims
  • Road Traffic Accidents
  • Lariam (Mefloquine) Compensation Claims

Meet The Head Of Department

Emma Bell Head of EL and PL department

Emma Bell

Head Of EL/PL

Call 0113 200 9787 to speak to one of our personal injury solicitors

Why Choose Oakwood Solicitors for your Military Claim?

Representing military personnel will often require specialist legal knowledge, and Oakwood has a wealth of experience dealing with claims against the Ministry of Defence (MOD).

We know and understand how the MOD works and have a sound knowledge of life in the Armed Forces.

For most UK soldiers – representing their country means the world to them.
There can be no prouder moment than becoming a full or part time soldier for the first time.
Most have very active and successful careers and have many a fond memory.

Some however are not so lucky, and end their military careers with either life changing disabilities or die in combat.

Whilst any injury is lamentable – there can be nothing worse when the injury arises through neglect, lack of care, or through no fault of your own.

Call now for a free and confidential assessment with one of our specialist army claims lawyers on 0113 200 9787 or complete the form opposite.

Military Claims FAQ’s

What type of accidents can I claim for?

You can claim for a range of different accidents/incidents. Examples include injuries arising from equipment failure, injuries in service and accidents that occurred during training. If you have any queries, please call on 0113 393 0231.

Does it matter which part of the Military I served in?

No, you are able to make a claim irrespective of whether you serve(d) in the Army, the Navy or the RAF

Can I claim if my accident occurred abroad?

Yes, but the time in which you have to make your claim may be affected depending on where you accident occurred, for more information please contact us.

Why Oakwood Solicitors?

We have many years of personal injury experience, having successfully recovered millions of pounds in compensation for our clients.

We have helped a wide variety of people injured in many different areas of employment obtain as much money as possible for more than a decade.

This wealth of knowledge and experience combined with our unrivalled level of determination to get you what is rightfully yours sets us apart from the rest.

We offer the very highest standard of customer care, whilst being warm, friendly and courteous, and ensure that every step of the claim process is as clear and straightforward as possible.

What is Industrial Disease?

An industrial disease is any chronic ailment that occurs as a result of work or occupational activity. In order to receive compensation, this ailment needs to have been caused by your employer or employers due to their negligence regarding your safety.

How do I know if I have a claim for compensation?

If you believe you may be suffering from a work related illness/industrial disease and believe that has been caused by the negligence of a former employer or a combination of employers, call us on 0113 200 9787 or email us at

Our friendly team of legal advisors will be able to tell you within a matter of minutes if you have the right to compensation.

How long will it take to receive my compensation?

This does vary very much depending on the circumstances, but typically between 12 and 24 months.

Can I still claim if my accident was some time ago?

If you are 18 years old or over, you are entitled to make a claim provided you do so within 3 years of the date of the accident. If you are under the age of 18 you must start your claim before the age of 21.

Will I have to fill in lots of paperwork?

Certainly not! We will do most of the paperwork for you, and explain every step of the process in a friendly and easy way to understand.

Will I need to meet you face to face?

Although you are more than welcome to do so, we usually correspond with our clients by telephone and post.
Only in very exceptional circumstances will it be necessary for you to come in to our offices.

Our experts will handle every aspect of your claim and keep you updated on a regular basis.

Will I have to go to Court?

It is very unlikely that you will have to go to Court. Most cases are settled via telephone or written negotiation.

We will do everything we can to avoid unnecessary court appearances.

Will I have to have a medical examination?

Yes. It is necessary to obtain a medical report so that your solicitor can place an accurate value on your injuries. Your medical appointment will be at a convenient time and place close to where you live.

What exactly can I claim for?

You are entitled to make a claim for your personal injury, any loss of earnings, travel and medical expenses, any care required, and any other out of pocket expenses.

Can I get an interim compensation payment?

Yes. In some circumstances we may help you apply for an interim payment to assist you with any immediate financial issues you may face.

This could provide you with funding for treatment or home improvements such as wheel chair access and support handles.

Are you able to arrange my treatment?

Yes. We work with a number of rehabilitation providers who are able to assess your needs and arrange the appropriate course of treatment.

These charges will be claimed from your employer’s insurance company, meaning that you are not out of pocket.

What will this cost? How will my claim be funded?

Your claim is likely to be run under a Conditional Fee Agreement.

This is often referred to as a No Win No Fee agreement. This means win or lose you pay nothing.

What should I do to start my claim?

It’s easy! Call us now on 0113 200 9787 or email us at or text us on INFO HC to 80010 and one of our legal experts will call you back with an instant decision on whether you have a claim.


Meet The Personal Injury Team

Latest Blog Post Articles


Simply complete this short form and one of our personal injury experts will be in touch soon.

Was the accident in the past three years? *

Did you receive medical treatment or visit your GP/hospital? *

Was the accident your fault? *

Have you claimed before? *

Have you reported the accident?*

Was your injury sustained during active service? *

Your confidentiality is always assured and we aim to provide excellence in our client care.


See what our customers think of us…

find out more


See staff from this department

find out more


Is the thought of going back to work tomorrow going to keep you awake again tonight? If so, you might be suffering from #stress.

Don't let it build up - speak to your manager or HR department. If you've already tried this and it's getting you nowhere, speak to us on 0113 200 9787. You may have a case. #OakwoodSolicitors
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook




Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt