nightclub accident claims soliciotrs

Whilst on a night out, there are number of things which could put you at serious risk as a nightclub patron. Slippery dance floors, broken glass and excessive alcohol consumption, all present significant risk. However, club owners and occupiers are held responsible in ensuring the nightclub is safe and fit for purpose.

If a person is injured because a nightclub’s health and safety measures were inadequate and not up to standard, they could be entitled to make compensation claim against the establishment.

From slips, trips, falls, bruising, sprains and broken bones, to lacerations from broken glass, compensation can be claimed for many injuries sustained in nightclubs, pubs and bars, even in some cases where the injured person was intoxicated.

If you would like to make a nightclub accident claim, call us now on 0113 200 9787 or email Rest assured, your case will be in good hands.

Make A Nightclub Accident Compensation Claim Today


  • No Win, No Fee Available
  • Dedicated and highly skilled Personal Injury Lawyers
  • All claims undertaken
  • Free initial advice from a qualified solicitor
  • High success rate for clients
  • Awards range from £1,000 up to £500,000
  • National Coverage

What do I do if I’ve had an accident in a nightclub, bar or pub?

Report it immediately. It’s important that you record the incident as soon as possible to the owners or management of the venue where the accident happened. Without any record of an incident, it may be impossible to prove your injuries happened upon their premises.

Take as many pictures as possible. These will help prove what caused the accident and also ensure we can make an efficient assessment of your claim.

Ask for the CCTV footage. Many nightclubs, bars and pubs, now use CCTV in order to protect the safety of their customers, if you report your accident in person, you may be able to speak to a manager and request the CCTV evidence.

Witnesses. These can be crucial in proving the accident circumstances. If a witness advises you that the spilt drink you slipped on had been there for hours and hours, it may support your claim for compensation.

Contact us. Either leave your details to the right or call us free on 0113 200 9787, after speaking to one of our friendly claims team members, you’ll receive a call back from one of our specialist solicitors team who deal with Public Liability accidents, who can then advise you further in respect to the law.

Meet The Head of Department

Emma Bell Head of EL and PL department

 Emma Bell

Head Of EL/PL

Call 0113 200 9787 to speak to one of our personal injury solicitors

Frequently Asked Questions

Will it matter if I had a little too much to drink? This all depends on the circumstances of the accident, it is important to be truthful about the amount you drank, in order that we can assess your claim effectively. It may be that you just receive a reduction in damages to reflect this.

Does it matter if I was wearing high heels? Again, this all depends on the circumstances of the accident, again, it may be that you just receive a reduction in damages to reflect this.

Nightclub Accident FAQ’s

Can I sue a Nightclub for an accident on their premises?

Yes, owners and occupiers have a duty of care to ensure you are safe whilst you are a lawful visitor to their premises.

Can I sue a Nightclub for an accident on their premises if I haven’t reported the accident?

Yes, although a failure to notify the Defendant of the incident as soon as practically possible could have an adverse effect on your prospects of success.

It is therefore important that any accident is reported to store management or the landlord as soon as possible with a formal request that the matter is placed in the Accident Book and is endorsed by your signature to confirm its accuracy.

Can I sue a Nightclub if I have not sought any medical attention following my accident?

Yes. Although a failure to seek medical attention may adversely affect your claim.

If a full recovery is made before a medical examination is arranged for the purposes of the claim it may be difficult to establish the extent of your injury or even if you were injured at all.

It is therefore important that you visit a GP following any accident to ensure that the nature and extent of the injury is recorded before a claim is commenced.

Will it affect my claim if I had been drinking prior to my accident?

If your drinking contributed to the accident in any way, your damages could be reduced accordingly.

If I was wearing high heels, can I still claim?

Yes, but if your footwear contributed to the accident in any way, your damages could be reduced accordingly.

Why Oakwood Solicitors?

We have many years of personal injury experience, having successfully recovered millions of pounds in compensation for our clients.

We have helped a wide variety of people injured in many different areas of employment obtain as much money as possible for more than a decade.

This wealth of knowledge and experience combined with our unrivalled level of determination to get you what is rightfully yours sets us apart from the rest.

We offer the very highest standard of customer care, whilst being warm, friendly and courteous, and ensure that every step of the claim process is as clear and straightforward as possible.

How do I know if I have a claim for compensation?

If you believe you may be suffering from a work related illness/industrial disease and believe that has been caused by the negligence of a former employer or a combination of employers, call us on 0113 200 9787 or email us at

Our friendly team of legal advisors will be able to tell you within a matter of minutes if you have the right to compensation.

How long will it take to receive my compensation?

This does vary very much depending on the circumstances, but typically between 12 and 24 months.

Can I still claim if my accident was some time ago?

If you are 18 years old or over, you are entitled to make a claim provided you do so within 3 years of the date of the accident. If you are under the age of 18 you must start your claim before the age of 21.

Will I have to fill in lots of paperwork?

Certainly not! We will do most of the paperwork for you, and explain every step of the process in a friendly and easy way to understand.

Will I need to meet you face to face?

Although you are more than welcome to do so, we usually correspond with our clients by telephone and post.
Only in very exceptional circumstances will it be necessary for you to come in to our offices.

Our experts will handle every aspect of your claim and keep you updated on a regular basis.

Will I have to go to Court?

It is very unlikely that you will have to go to Court. Most cases are settled via telephone or written negotiation.

We will do everything we can to avoid unnecessary court appearances.

Will I have to have a medical examination?

Yes. It is necessary to obtain a medical report so that your solicitor can place an accurate value on your injuries. Your medical appointment will be at a convenient time and place close to where you live.

What exactly can I claim for?

You are entitled to make a claim for your personal injury, any loss of earnings, travel and medical expenses, any care required, and any other out of pocket expenses.

Can I get an interim compensation payment?

Yes. In some circumstances we may help you apply for an interim payment to assist you with any immediate financial issues you may face.

This could provide you with funding for treatment or home improvements such as wheel chair access and support handles.

Are you able to arrange my treatment?

Yes. We work with a number of rehabilitation providers who are able to assess your needs and arrange the appropriate course of treatment.

These charges will be claimed from your employer’s insurance company, meaning that you are not out of pocket.

What will this cost? How will my claim be funded?

Your claim is likely to be run under a Conditional Fee Agreement.

This is often referred to as a No Win No Fee agreement. This means win or lose you pay nothing.

What should I do to start my claim?

It’s easy! Call us now on 0113 200 9787 or email us at or text us on INFO HC to 80010 and one of our legal experts will call you back with an instant decision on whether you have a claim.


Meet The Personal Injury Team

Latest Blog Post Articles


Simply complete this short form and one of our personal injury experts will be in touch soon.

Was the accident in the past three years? *

Did you receive medical treatment or visit your GP/hospital? *

Was the accident your fault? *

Have you claimed before? *

Have you reported the accident?*

Your confidentiality is always assured and we aim to provide excellence in our client care.


See what our customers think of us…

find out more


See staff from this department

find out more


18 hours ago

Oakwood Solicitors Ltd

Oakwood Solicitors - Corporate Members of the British Tinnitus Association ... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook




Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt