For anyone involved in a road traffic incident it can be a very traumatic time, particularly if you were injured, and even more so if the person responsible for the accident leaves the scene without providing their details – this is a hit and run claim, and something we can help you with.


  • No Win, No Fee available for hit and run accident claims
  • You can claim up to 3 years after an accident
  • Dedicated and highly skilled claims team will deal with your case
  • High success rate for hit and run clients
  • National coverage

Hit and Run Accident claims

Oakwood Solicitors have recovered millions of pounds in compensation for people involved in hit and run accidents in England and Wales.

If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in a road traffic incident, which was not your fault and the other party failed to stop and leave details, then you could still be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim.

Hit and run accidents can happen whilst in a motor vehicle, on a bicycle or as a pedestrian – but in all circumstances, Oakwood Solicitors should be able to get compensation for you.

Established in 2001, we have a superb reputation for customer service and speed of response; we have a very friendly team of highly qualified legal advisors who will help you every step of the way.

Typical personal injury awards range from £1,000 up to £1,000,000 – but our promise to you is to get you the compensation you deserve as quickly as possible.

We also operate under a No-Win-No-Fee basis, this means that by instructing us for your hit and run claim, you have nothing to lose, but potentially everything to gain.

How would you handle my Hit and Run claim?

If you have been the victim of a hit and run and the Police have been unable to trace the owner of the vehicle then we would pursue the claim via the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) via their Untraced Driver process.

About the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB)

The Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) was established in 1946 to compensate the victims of negligent uninsured and untraced (hit and run) motorists.

You can go through the MIB as an individual, but as with many of these government schemes the process is complicated and it often takes some legal knowledge to get the most from them.

Start your claim

Starting your hit and run claim couldn’t be easier, simply complete the short form opposite and one of our legal experts will do the rest for you.

hit and run accident

white car front damage

If you were over 18 when the accident occurred, you can submit a claim to the Motor Insurers’ Bureau within three years of the date of the accident.

If you were under the age of 18 when the accident occurred, you have until the day before your 21st birthday to submit a claim.

In order to make a claim against the Motor Insurers’ Bureau through their Untraced Drivers Agreement, you must ensure that the collision has been reported to the police within 14 days. You must have also reported your injuries to a medical practitioner within the same period of time. You must not be fully at fault for the collision in order to pursue a claim. If you were the driver of the vehicle, but were proceeding without motor insurance yourself, or your vehicle was being used during the process of criminal activity, it is unlikely that the Motor Insurers’ Bureau will be willing to compensate you for your injuries and associated losses.

The claim must be submitted to the Motor Insurers’ Bureau within 3 years of the incident for an adult and prior to your 21st birthday if you were under the age of 18 when the incident occurred. Once the claim is submitted, the Motor Insurers’ Bureau will apply for a copy of the police report and gather evidence in respect of the claim. Generally, once they are happy that they have a liability to settle your claim, they will make the arrangements to obtain your medical records and instruct a medical expert to examine you. Once examined, your medical report will be used to value your claim. We will ensue that offers made are appropriate and maximised according to the injuries that you have sustained.

This can vary depending on the complexities of any issues that may arise such as liability, the level of compensation being offered or if multiple forms of medical evidence are required.


Simply complete this short form and one of our personal injury experts will be in touch soon.

Was the accident in the past three years? *

Did you receive medical treatment or visit your GP/hospital? *

Was the accident your fault? *

Have you claimed before? *

Your confidentiality is always assured and we aim to provide excellence in our client care.


See what our customers think of us…

find out more


See staff from this department

find out more


Is the thought of going back to work tomorrow going to keep you awake again tonight? If so, you might be suffering from #stress.

Don't let it build up - speak to your manager or HR department. If you've already tried this and it's getting you nowhere, speak to us on 0113 200 9787. You may have a case. #OakwoodSolicitors
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook




Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt