If you have sustained a personal injury whilst driving your car due to the fault of another road user Oakwood’s accidents division may be able to help you make a claim. We helped miss G claim £2465.80 in personal injury compensation after a stationary car set off and collided with her vehicle.

 In Road Traffic Accident - Case Study

If you have been involved in a car accident it is important that you follow the RTA protocol after the incident:

? Deal with your injury. It is important to act quickly if you have sustained an injury in a car accident. If your injuries are severe you should dial 999 immediately. If your injuries are not life threatening but cannot wait for attention go to accident and emergency straight away. If you do not feel injured you should still see your GP as soon as possible after the accident just to make sure.

? You must stop. By law you have to stop immediately or where it is safe to do so if you have been involved in a road traffic accident. It is also a legal requirement that you exchange details with any other parties involved in the accident. Making a note of the details of any witnesses is always an advantage.

? Collect evidence. You must gather any evidence following the accident from the scene if you are able. Tyre marks the positioning of the vehicles collision points and any damage to the vehicles. Make sure you note the time date and location of the accident.

This information above will help prove who was liable for the incident that occurred and the level of injury you sustained in the incident.

For advice about your eligibility to make a personal injury claim you need to speak to the car accidents specialists at Oakwood about your case.

Following the accident these points are also useful to note:

? You should never admit liability for the accident accept the blame or offer to pay for any damage to the other vehicles involved. If another party admits liability you must tell your insurer immediately. You must let your insurance company know if you have had an accident even if you do not make a claim.

? Keep track of any losses you incur as a direct result of the accident like losing your wages from being unable to work. You should also keep a diary of any other expenses you have accrued as a direct result of your injuries.

To start your claim for personal injury compensation or for car accidents advice call Oakwood Solicitors on: 0844 844 8180.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt