After receiving personal injury claims advice form the solicitors at Oakwood about his personal injury case Mr B decided to proceed with making a claim. Thanks to us his case was resolved quickly and he received his full award of £3400.00.

 In Road Traffic Accident - Case Study

You can receive free personal injury advice if you have been involved in a collision on a road in the UK. You can also make a claim for compensation if you have been in a non-fault accident abroad. If you have been any of the following at the time of a road traffic accident you are entitled to make a claim for personal injury compensation:

? The operator of a vehicle.

? A passenger in a vehicle including a taxi.

? A user of public transport.

? A cyclist.

? A motor cyclist.

? A pedestrian.

In order to qualify for compensation as any of the above you must make your personal injury claim no more than three years after the accident happened. Leaving it any later than three years to make a claim means your case will be rejected and you will miss out on your chance to claim the award you deserve.

If you have been injured in a road traffic accident and the accident was not your fault you should seek personal injury claims advice about your eligibility to receive an award.

You are only able to claim personal injury compensation for a non-fault road traffic collision. If an investigation into the incident shows that you have contributed towards the incident in a nay way or that you did cause the accident and award will not be made. There is a notable difference between the responsible third party and an innocent victim.

An example of an accident where you would not be responsible is if you were travelling on a main road and the access down that road was your right of way. If in this event a car pulled to from a give way or stop sign they would automatically be at fault for the accident occurring and you would be eligible for an award.

If the roles were reversed and you were the party at the junction and you pulled out onto the main road and caused a collision then you would not be entitled to make a claim even if the car collided into the side of your vehicle.

If you were both pulling out from opposite junctions at the same time and you collided in the middle of the road this would be called a knock-for-knock accident and neither of you would be entitled to make a claim.

For your free personal injury claims consultation or for advice about your case call Oakwood Solicitors on: 0844 844 8180.

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt