Oakwood Solicitors
  • « Back
  • « Back
  • « Back

Negligence Claims

Has your Pharmacy been negligent
towards you or a loved one?

  • Decades of combined experience
  • No-Win, No-Fee
  • No upfront cost or hidden charges
  • Straight-talking and friendly advisors
  • No-obligation consultation and claim assessment
  • Support and advice whenever you need it

Make a claim now

Call for a free consultation

0113 200 9720

or fill out our contact form

* Required fields


Medical neglect.

I received a call back instantly when I left a message with the call desk. I found it really easy to express my concerns/neglect about my mother. The solicitor I spoke with was really polite and helpful and listened to what I had to say. They also explained what happens after the phone call. I would recommend them.

- Debbie B

Very prompt.

Very prompt, understanding and caring, with no-nonsense attitude toward reason, fault and outcome. Thank you Oakwood, very humane.

- Jeremy Vallence

Handshake Image

'No-Win, No-Fee'

agreement available on pharmacy claims cases.

Shares Icon leaders certificate awards

3+ decades

of combined experience in Medical Negligence litigation.

Client Care

Personally assigned

member of the team from start to finish.

The experts in Medical Negligence

Oakwood Solicitors Ltd’s specialist Medical Negligence department has an in-house team of Solicitors and legal professionals dedicated solely to this area of law.

With decades of combined experience, we are dedicated in assisting clients who have suffered physically, mentally and financially as a result of negligent medical treatment.

The specialist team pursues an array of medical negligence claims ranging from Prescription errors and misdiagnosis, to complex birthing injury and spinal claims and everything else in between.

What are Pharmaceutical negligence claims?

Claims for Pharmaceutical negligence include instances whereby the Pharmacy have failed to provide appropriate care. Such failings usually, dispensing the incorrect medication, dispensing the incorrect dose of medication and/or dispensing out of date medication.

As a result of these errors, patients may suffer an adverse reaction to the medication. These side effects may last for a number of days, weeks or in some circumstances have life changing effects or result in death.

In the unfortunate event that you have suffered as a result of a Pharmacy error, you should:

  • Contact your GP, 111 service or the Hospital immediately and seek urgent medical attention
  • Report the error to the Pharmacy as soon as possible to ensure the error is logged
  • Gather as much evidence as you can regarding the error by taking photographs of the medication, the boxes and the labels
  • Contact us for assistance
Frequently Asked Questions

How do I make a claim?

If you consider that you have suffered harm as a result of an error on behalf of the pharmacy then you may be entitled to bring about a claim.

The specialist team at Oakwood Solicitors Ltd will be able to provide you free advice on the prospects of your case and whether you are able to pursue a claim.

Who can bring about a claim?

The victim of the negligence can bring about a claim in their own right however it may sadly be the case that the victim is no longer able to bring about a claim or has passed. In such circumstances a claim can be brought about the executor of the estate or authorised person.

In cases involving children either parent can bring about a claim as litigation friend providing a set criteria is met.

For further information about whether you are able to bring about a claim, please contact the medical negligence team who will be able to advise further.

How long do I have to claim?

Claims of this nature are subject to a three year limitation period. This means that claims have to be commenced within the Courts in three years of rather the date the negligent act occurred or the date you became aware that negligence had occurred.

In cases involving deceased victims this limitation period commences from the date of death and in cases involving minors, the limitation period starts when they reach their 18th Birthday.

The law surrounding limitation periods is complex, our specialist team will be able to advise further.

How long will my case take to run?

Given the complexities involved in pursuing Clinical Negligence claims, they can often take 12-18 months to conclude and longer if Court proceedings have to be issued.

Our investigations start by obtaining all relevant records and protocols before approaching the Defendants in claims of this nature. Dependent upon the injury suffered, independent medical experts may need to be consulted. We will provide you with regular updates on the progress of your case to ensure that you are kept up to speed.

How much is my claim worth?

It is often difficult to value clinical negligence claims at their outset given the complexities involved however we will pursue two forms of compensation for you:

  1. Firstly we will pursue compensation known as general damages – this is an award of money for the pain and suffering you have endured as a result of the negligence.
  2. Secondly we will pursue compensation known as special damages – this is an award of money for all of your out of pocket expenses such as travel expenses, medication costs, loss of earnings, treatment costs both past and future. This list is not exhaustive and is very case specific.

Why use Oakwood Solicitors to make your Clinical Negligence case?

We have a dedicated team of solicitors and paralegals who have many years’ experience between them in running cases of this nature. They are highly trained to deal with all aspects of clinical negligence.

We want to ensure at Oakwood Solicitors that clients are not overwhelmed by legal jargon, medical terms that they don’t understand and to allow the claims procedure to be as transparent as possible.

How is my case funded?

The majority of Clinical Negligence cases are funded by a Conditional Fee Agreement, more commonly known as a “no win no fee” agreement. This means that there will be nothing to pay up front and nothing to pay if the claim has been lost. If you are successful in your claim a deduction of 25% of damages will be taken to cover the success fee and the shortfall in legal fees.

It may also be the case that an After The Event (ATE) insurance policy will be obtained to cover the costs of expensive medical reports and investigations. If an ATE insurance policy has to be obtained the cost of the same will be discussed with you at the appropriate point. The cost of the ATE insurance policy is again taken from your damages and only payable if you are successful with your claim.

For most pharmaceutical claims, ATE insurance is not required.

Charities / useful links

What should you do if you think you have a claim?

If you believe or feel you have a claim, contact us for a no-obligation consultation regarding your options.

carol cook
Carol Cook — Head of Department

Carol joined Oakwood Solicitors in May 2017 to lead the Medical Negligence department. She handles a wide range of Clinical and Dental Negligence claims and has a specialist interest in Birth Injuries. Carol has years of experience in handling complex clinical and Dental Negligence claims securing substantial amounts of damages for her clients. Carol studied her law degree (LLB honours) at Salford University.



This website uses cookies. You can read more information about why we do this, and what they are used for here.

Accept Decline