Oakwood Solicitors

Accidents in Bars, Restaurants and Pubs

Home » » Accidents in Bars, Restaurants and Pubs

Bars, restaurants and pubs are places we go to unwind, however as with any public place, there are always risks of accident occurring. The proprietors owe you a duty of care to make sure you are reasonably safe in using the premises as a lawful visitor. If you suffer an injury as a result of negligence, you could be entitled to compensation.

The most common accidents include trips, slips, cuts from broken glass, or even injuries caused by members of staff, such as bouncers.

If you are intoxicated at the time of the accident, or are wearing high heels, this may have a detrimental effect on your claim, but depending on the circumstances you may still be able to make claim, though the amount you receive may be reduced.

If you have been injured it is important that you report your accident as soon as possible and make sure an accident book is completed. Seek medical attention by a First Aider and get medical advice from your GP or local hospital as soon as you can.

We know how to get you the compensation you deserve if you’ve been injured and we have years of experience helping clients to successfully make a claim.

As will other types of claims in public places, you can also be assured we handle these claims on a No win, No Fee basis. This means that if your claim is not successful, you will have nothing to pay.

Remember, legal proceedings must be initiated within 3 years from the date of your accident. Failure to do this may result in your claim being time-barred and you may not be able to make a claim for compensation.

Get in touch

Meet the Head of Department

Emma Bell

Solicitor and Head of Employers' and Public Liability

Find out more

Get in touch in a way that suits you:

Call us on 0113 200 9787 or

Request a call back

Use our Enquiry form to get you on the right track:

Enquiry form

Reach us by email:



This website uses cookies. You can read more information about why we do this, and what they are used for here.

Accept Decline