Oakwood Solicitors

Accidents in Rented Accommodation

Home » » Accidents in Rented Accommodation

If you live in rented accommodation you may have reported issues with your home to your landlord or housing association. In some cases, if a hazard has been reported but not addressed, this can lead to accidents resulting in a personal injury.

We deal with a range of accidents in the home, such as defective paving, inadequately fitted kitchens and faulty stairs or steps. Accidents can also occur in communal areas of flats due to inadequate cleaning or lighting.

If you have been injured it is important that you report your accident to your landlord or housing association as soon as possible. You should also obtain photographs to show what has caused your accident.

If you are considering making a claim you should get specialist advice from experts in this field. Our specialist Personal Injury Lawyers know how to get you the compensation you deserve if you’ve been injured at home.

Making a claim can be distressing time, which is why we will handle your claims on a No win, No Fee basis. This means that if your claim is not successful, you will have nothing to pay. We want to reassure you that there are no financial risks in making your claim.

Remember, legal proceedings must be initiated within 3 years from the date of your accident. Failure to do this may result in your claim being time-barred and you may not be able to make a claim for compensation.

Get in touch

Meet the Head of Department

Emma Bell

Solicitor and Head of Employers' and Public Liability

Find out more

Get in touch in a way that suits you:

Call us on 0113 200 9787 or

Request a call back

Use our Enquiry form to get you on the right track:

Enquiry form

Reach us by email:



This website uses cookies. You can read more information about why we do this, and what they are used for here.

Accept Decline