Oakwood Solicitors

Accidents in Shops, Supermarkets and Car Parks

Home » Personal Legal Services » Work, Public Places and Abroad » Accidents in Public Places » Accidents in Shops, Supermarkets and Car Parks

Shops, supermarkets and car parks can be busy places and unfortunately accidents do happen. The shopkeeper owes a duty of care to make sure you are reasonably safe in using the premises as a lawful visitor. If they fail to do this, you could be entitled to compensation for injuries suffered as a result of negligence.

The most common accidents to happen in public places include trips, slips and injuries caused by defects such as low hanging signs, faulty shopping baskets or trolleys, or even injuries caused by members of staff.

If you have been injured in a public place it is important that you report your accident to the shop as soon as possible and make sure an accident book is completed. Seek medical attention by a First Aider if one is available and get medical advice from your GP or local hospital.

Our specialist solicitors know how to get you the compensation you deserve if you’ve been injured in a public place. We have years of experience helping clients following these types of accidents and could help you successfully make a claim.

You can also be assured we handle these claims on a no-win, no-fee basis. This means that if your claim is not successful, you will have nothing to pay. We want to reassure you that there are no financial risks in making your claim.

Remember, legal proceedings must be initiated within 3 years from the date of your accident. Failure to do this may result in your claim being time-barred and you may not be able to make a claim for compensation.

Get in touch

Meet the Head of Department

Emma Bell

Solicitor and Head of Employers' and Public Liability

Find out more

Get in touch in a way that suits you:

Call us on 0113 200 9787 or

Request a call back

Use our Enquiry form to get you on the right track:

Enquiry form

Reach us by email:



This website uses cookies. You can read more information about why we do this, and what they are used for here.

Accept Decline