Oakwood Solicitors

Deeds of Name Change

Home » Personal Legal Services » Wills and Probate » Deeds of Name Change

If you are considering changing your name, whether it be your first name, surname or both, Oakwood Solicitors can assist you with this.

Please note:

  • You do not require a Deed of Name change if you are married or have entered into a civil partnership to use your partner’s name.
  • If you are using a double-barrelled name you will require a Deed of Name change
  • You may not need a Deed of Name change upon your divorce or dissolution of your civil partnership unless is it specifically requested

For a child

If you wish to change your child’s name for any reason again, we can assist you.

We will:

  • Require confirmation that you hold parental responsibility for your child
  • Should parental responsibility for your child be held with another person, permission will be required from both parties for the name change

Following your Deed of Name change being signed you will receive your original document together with solicitor certified copies upon request.

Should you require your Deed of Name Change for a specific reason please call us in confidence to discuss this further.

Get in touch

Quick Facts

  • Guide you through the change of name process
  • Provide you with details of the documentation we require from you
  • Prepare your change of name deed in readiness for signing
  • Offer a fixed fee for the preparation of your Deed of Name change

Meet the Head of Department

Charlotte Bandawe

Solicitor and Head of Wills and Probate

Find out more

Get in touch in a way that suits you:

Call us on 0113 200 9787 or

Request a call back

Use our Enquiry form to get you on the right track:

Enquiry form

Reach us by email:



This website uses cookies. You can read more information about why we do this, and what they are used for here.

Accept Decline